Wednesday, August 31, 2016

August 2016 Highlights

Aug 1 - Fear this may be causing my low back pain:
http://www.houstonmethodist.org/orthopedics/where-does-it-hurt/lower-back/sacroiliac-joint-dysfunction/

Aug 5 - Olympics in Rio start! 

Aug 6 - We had a garage sale - which I fell asleep during! Garage sales are hard work, ok?

Aug 7 - Visit to ER. Revealed a UTI and ovarian cyst but I still believe my pain was from an abdominal strain from PT (one legged bridges)

Aug 11 - Dr. Farjo follow-up from hip surgery. He said my range of motion is good and so far everything is going fine. Also went to urgent care - UTI wasn't clearing up. New antibiotic.

Aug 13 - lower abdominal pain returns making PT virtually impossible.

Aug 16 - My bday :)

Aug 17 - Family doc appt at 11:20. UTI still not clearing. Got another new antibiotic.

Aug 22 - A rare good day. 9 weeks, 5 days post op and minimal pain in morning. PT when got home and did 0.5 mile walk with two 35 second jogs. Step count is best I've had in a very long time! 6,197 steps.

Aug 23 - Walked again with two 30 second jogs. Went 0.5m in 10:45. 1m on recumbent bike as warm-up and also PT exercises.

Aug 24 - Finished with PT exercises and recumbent bike (1.8m). Did 0.5 mile walk with two 30 second jogs again since it didn't hurt after Monday. Feeling amazing this week! My left leg is still smaller than right but I know it will catch up eventually. Eek, progress!!

Aug 29 - Went to have a massage and also tried cupping. Interesting!

Aug 30 - My originally surgery date. Instead I am almost 11 weeks post op!

No comments:

Post a Comment