Friday, November 18, 2016

I Miss Running

I have been horrible about keeping this thing updated. With work and personal, I've been so busy and just have not had the time.

I'm now 5 months post op from hip arthroscopy and most days, I can hardly tell I had surgery. And by that, I mean that I'm still having issues. While my hip has little to no pain, all the areas around it are inflammed, tight and causing pain. I had an SI joint injection on Nov 1, as well as one on the side of my hip for bursitis. The injection itself didn't take long, but man was it painful. They numbed it first but honestly I don't think it made much of a difference. It was SO much pressure I wanted to chew my arm off. It felt like she was putting all her body weight on the needle. I'm still traumatized just thinking about it. The bursa injection was easy peasy compared to the SI.

The first couple days after the injections, the pain got worse. But after that it seemed to slowly improve. After 2 weeks, my pain levels in my SI joint were down. However, now I seem to be having pain from tight piriformis and glute muscles (on op side). Due to that, I decided it was time for another massage (on Monday, Nov 14). Again, that flared things up for a couple days, but now I'm getting some relief. By the end of the day, the pain usually returns, but for the most part, foam rolling and stretching are making a difference. I've also requested to go back to PT, which I start next Wednesday, Nov. 23. Hoping to make more progress and reduce pain even further.

In addition to all of this, I'm really starting to miss running. I see all of my running friends on Facebook posting all their workouts and fun races, and I'm so jealous. Something that I loved doing so much and that was such a stress reliever, and I honestly don't know if I will ever be able to run again.

Goal #1 right now is to be able to do normal daily activities without pain.
Goal #2 would be to eventually be able to run/walk 5Ks.


No comments:

Post a Comment