Sunday, July 31, 2016

July 2016 Highlights

July 1 - Can lay on left (operative) side for a limited period of time WITHOUT pain

July 2 - Went out with D using crutches. Then he pushed me around in wheelchairs - antique shop, mall, Five Guys, Best Buy, Coldstone :)

July 4 - Complain about fireworks...a lot! And turn all of Bradys car seats forward facing...yay we made it 3 years!



July 5 - 2:24 on my recumbent bike



July 8 - Walked around house with no cane, but sore later. Back to the cane July 9.

July 9 - Went to see Finding Dory with D at the theatre. Upright seats were not nice to me.

July 11 - First PT visit at Optimal. Should've started sooner but took a while for insurance to approve. Mostly just tests and measurements today.

July 13 - 4 weeks post op - walked into PT without a cane. 10 mins bike, 10 mins treadmill walking 1.4mph, 30 mini squads, 3 types of leg raises 30 of each both legs, 5 mins bridges, 5 mins clamshells with resistance band, 5 mins heels slides, plus hamdstring and calf stretches.

July 15Felt better after than when I went in. 0.46 on the bike 10 mins, hamstring and calf stretches, 30 mini squats, leg raises 3 types 30 of each for each leg, 5 mins clamshells with band, 5 mins heel slides, 5 mins bridges, 10 mins treadmill walking 0.26 miles. Still some soreness now so I'm icing. But I'm seeing progress. 

July 16 - Went to see The Secret Life of Pets with mom at a theatre with reclining seats!


July 18 - Feeling hopefully and pain much less. Third PT today. Was sore when I got home but iced again and better for now. 10 mins 0.50 miles on bike, hamstring and calf stretches, 30 mini squats, 30 toe raises, 3 types of leg raises 30 of each for each leg, 5 mins bridges, 5 mins heel slides, 5 mins clamshells with resistance, 4 laps around room side steps, 10 mins treadmill 0.32 miles.

July 19 - First PT at home and finally got to use my Garmin again! 0.4 walk in 10:05. Recumbent bike for 5:06 for 0.67m.


July 20 - First day back to work - only half days this week. Walked a total of 2,362 steps today. Hurting a lot by time I got home.

July 245.5 weeks post op, 10 mins on bike (1.44m), plus all my PT including 30 mini squats, 30 wall sits, leg raises, bridges, and walked around the block. First time hitting 0.5 mile (12:53).

July 25 - Full work day + PT. 0.6m walk in 14:40. 6 mins on bike 0.93m. Also did all PT exercises. 

July 27I'm 6 weeks post op today. It's been the longest fastest 6 weeks ever. If that makes any sense. I have been off crutches for 3 full weeks now. Haven't used the cane in 2 weeks. I've been back to work for a week now and am capable of working for 8 hrs a day but haven't worked a full 5 days of 8 hrs a day due to appointments. I am still in PT 3x a week and improving. I can walk 0.6m at one time in 12:30 minutes and even walked 5,000 steps that day (5.5 weeks). Most days I average 3,000 steps. I'm still experiencing some pain but mostly muscle soreness and tightness, most of which can be helped by icing. Looking forward towards lots more improvement and less and less pain! Signed, hopeful hippie

July 28 - Started watching Stranger Things on Netflix!

Late July - lower back starts hurting even though hip is improving

No comments:

Post a Comment