Thursday, December 10, 2015

Running Survey

Fun run survey that I got from We Run Disney blog!


1. Would you rather run along a beach path or on a mountain trail?
Definitely trail! I love being out in the wilderness and discovering beautiful, new scenery!

2. If you could choose the flavor of gatorade at your next race's aid stations, what would it be? 
I tend to choose the blue and purple flavors :)

3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would be the first thing that you would purchase with it? 
Well, hopefully it would be to lululemon. And I'd have to agonize over what to purchase - either a new pair of crops or a couple pairs of shorts, or a couple tops.

4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and decide then how far and fast you want to run? 
I am definitely a planner so I like following a plan. 

5. Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end on the uphill? 
I would so much rather do the hard part first so I would rather do uphill first. The Detroit Free Press half had the up of the Ambassador Bridge at the beginning, so it was nice to get that out of the way before my legs were shot. But the up getting out of the Windsor Tunnel around mile 8 is no picnic either.

6. When you can't run, what type of cross-training do you choose to do? 
Elliptical, weights and yoga. But usually end up obsessing over when I can run again.

7. What's your preference --> out and back or point to point or loop runs? 
For a race, I prefer a point to point or loop, as long as there are no repeats. For training runs, I try to mix it up. Just depends on how I am feeling on a particular day. Some days I just leave from the house and do an out and back. Other days, I feel more adventurous and drive to a different starting point or a different place altogether.

8. If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner, it would be a...?
That's a tough one. Getting fitted properly for shoes is probably the top priority. But beyond shoes, if you are going to do any distance, definitely some sort of hydration belt or pack. Hydration is important!
Nathan Trail Mix Hydration Belt


9.  Do you ever see any wild animals while out on your runs?
Nothing more than deer and squirrels so far.

10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run? 
Not sure where I was exactly - yes. But a quick check on my phone of the surrounding neighborhoods, and I made it home safely.

11. If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days, what would that meal be?
Hmmm...definitely a fizzy soda...beyond that, I don't think I can narrow it down to just one food. Just depends what I am in the mood for. A big sandwich, spaghetti, donuts...mmm, hungry now!

12. Capris or shorts...what do you run in most often?
I live in Michigan, so it really just depends on what season it is that particular day. The saying here goes "if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes." Summer is usually shorts, fall, spring and winter are capris or tights.

13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it is warming up and ready to go? 
Generally about 1 - 1.5 miles.

14. What do you do with your key when you run? 
If I am wearing my hydration belt, it goes in the pouch on there. If I don't have that, it goes in one of many pockets that I usually on my shorts/tights/vests/jackets. I've also been known to put it in my lululemon stuff your bra, which has built in pockets :)



15. If you could relive any race that you have done in the past, which one would it be? 
Probably my 3rd half marathon (my 2nd Mini Marathon in Indy). I was injured many weeks prior to the race, so I really didn't expect much of myself time-wise. I just wanted to finish. The first few miles were rough, so I just took it easy and walked a ton, but eventually I warmed up and was able to run the final 5 miles and PRed by 15 minutes!



Feel free to copy and fill out the survey!

No comments:

Post a Comment