Monday, January 25, 2016

Training Updates

Last week was finally the first week where I was able to get in two (very short) training runs and a couple stints on my new recumbent bike. I'm happy with my progress and finally starting to feel like myself again from my car accident a couple weeks ago. I managed to go the entire weekend without my wrist brace, and even put my bike together all by myself.

Monday:
Day off work (MLK Jr Day) - Dr. appt. at 10:40am to check on wrist. Repeat x-ray - no breaks, just a sprain. Got a spica splint that supported my thumb more.

Tuesday:
Physical therapy started again - no ankle weights. 3 sets. Leg lifts (on back and side). Bridges and clamshells. Resistance band side steps. Stretching. 10 squats.

Wednesday:
1 mile - 4 min walk / 1 min run intervals - 15:27
First day running in 2 weeks.
Still feeling little twinges in left hip, but started to let up when I got warmed up.



Thursday:
Physical therapy - no ankle weights. 3 sets. Leg lifts (on back and side). Bridges and clamshells. Resistance band side steps. Stretching. Foam rolling. 10 squats.

Friday:
Home sick - rest.

Saturday:
1.5 mile - 3 min walk / 2 min run intervals - 21:01
Still twinges in left hip, but stopped about a mile in once warmed up.
Put bike together - 1.5 hours.
1 mile bike - 7:00







Sunday:
3.5 miles bike - 21:00
Physical therapy - 1.5 lb. ankle weights (each ankle). 3 sets - usual. Stretching. Foam rolling. 20 squats.

Run (/walk) total = 2.5 miles
Bike total = 4.5 miles

Next week's goals: Increase run/walk mileage by 0.75 miles. Increase bike mileage by 2-5 miles.
PT 3 days + foam rolling at least 3 days.



No comments:

Post a Comment